When it comes to taking care of our skin, it is important to know that there are different types of face creams for different times of the day. The two most common types are day cream and night cream. While these two creams have many similarities, there are also some key differences that we will discuss below.
Face cream for the day
Day cream is designed to protect and moisturize your skin during the day. It usually contains an ultraviolet (UV) filter to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays. A day cream generally has a fuller structure, so that it can better hydrate the skin and protect it against external influences. A good day cream also contains antioxidants that protect your skin against free radicals and pollution. More on UV radiation, differences between UVA and UVB protection.
Face cream for the night
Night cream is designed to be used at night when your skin repairs and renews. It often contains more nourishing ingredients like vitamins and peptides to nourish and repair your skin while you sleep. The texture of night cream is richer and lighter than day cream, so it feels less heavy on the skin and has time to be absorbed deeply into the skin while you sleep.
A combination of night cream and serum can be a powerful way to nourish and care for the skin while you sleep. The serum can penetrate deep into the skin and deliver nourishing ingredients, while the night cream forms a protective layer and moisturizes and softens the skin. More onwhat is a serum and how does it fit into my skin routine?
The benefits of day and night face cream:
Day and night cream both have their own benefits and are essential for a good skin care routine. Day cream protects your skin against the sun and other harmful environmental influences, while night cream helps to nourish and repair your skin while you sleep. By applying both the day and night cream, you give the skin optimal care to maintain its health and natural appearance.
In addition to using day and night cream, it is also important to look at the ingredients used in these face creams. Some examples of ingredients commonly used in creams are:
- Q10 (Co-enzym Q10) – This is an antioxidant that occurs naturally in the body and helps to neutralize free radicals that damage the skin and cause skin aging. Q10 can also help improve skin texture and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. There are indications that the natural concentration of ubiquinol Q10, squalane and vitamin E in the skin is lower in the evening than during the day. This may be due to the breakdown and consumption of these substances as a result of exposure to sunlight during the day. Therefore, it may make sense to supplement these ingredients at night using topical skin care products containing these substances. Applying topical ubiquinol Q10 in the evening may therefore be better than in the morning, because the skin is more open to the absorption of these ingredients in the evening and the skin regenerates during the night. More on coenzyme Q10 and the skin
- Niacinamide – Also known as vitamin B3, this has numerous benefits for the skin, including improving the skin barrier, reducing hyperpigmentation and reducing inflammation. It can also help reduce fine lines and wrinkles. More about Niacinamide
- Avena Sativa (haver) – This is a soothing ingredient that helps reduce inflammation and irritation on the skin. It is rich in antioxidants and also contains polysaccharides that moisturize the skin. More about Avena Sativa
- Vitamine E – This is an antioxidant that protects the skin from damage from free radicals and UV rays. It can also help improve skin texture and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Vitamine C – This is a powerful antioxidant that protects the skin from damage from free radicals and UV rays. It also helps stimulate collagen production, which makes the skin firmer and more resilient. Vitamin C can also help reduce hyperpigmentation and improve the overall complexion of the skin.
How to choose the right cream?
Choosing the right face cream can be a challenge as there are so many different options on the market. It is important to choose a cream that suits your skin type and skin needs. If you have oily skin, choose a lighter cream that is not too heavy. If you have dry skin, choose a richer cream that moisturizes your skin well. More on lotion, cream and ointment what are the differences?
It is also important to look at the ingredients used in the cream. Iconic Elements uses the dermatological knowledge and also looks at the quality of the ingredients. This is how we make a responsible choice for your skin. Our products are pH 5 skin neutral and free from microplastics and ingredients that often cause allergic reactions. This makes the brand particularly suitable for people with various skin problems.
We believe that using our products can keep your skin in good condition and help prevent future problems. Whether you are looking for a mild cleanse, a nourishing or a corrective cream, ICONIC ELEMENTS skin care offers everything your skin needs for healthy and radiant skin. Want to know more: About us