Iconic Elements Nightcream is a soft and moisturizing cream for the skin that is easily absorbed. It contains jojoba and macadamia oils that moisturize the skin well. It also contains vitamin E and coenzyme Q10 (ubiquinone), which reduce free radical damage and contribute to healthy skin.
The base scent is floral with no perfume addition.
The body needs energy to correct certain processes. Ubiquinone (coenzyme Q10) increases the energy production of the cells and acts as an anti-oxidant. Coenzyme Q10 is present in all body cells and is responsible for energy production. It is vital for organs and tissues. As we age, the production of Coenzyme Q10 decreases in our body. A decrease in Coenzyme Q10 has also been demonstrated in the epidermis and an increase in energy production has been observed after application to the skin.
Jojoba oil is an important skin care ingredient due to its high concentration of vitamin E. It has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties that can help reduce irritation and redness, and limit free radical damage. Jojoba oil is chemically similar to human sebum (oil produced by the skin) and forms a non-greasy layer on the surface of the skin that retains moisture and balances the overproduction of sebum.
Due to the high content of oleic acid and linoleic acid, macadamia oil helps to keep the skin hydrated. This can help reduce inflammation and prevent trans-epidermal water loss, improving the skin barrier.
1. Matsui MS, Pelle E, Dong K, Pernodet N. Biological Rhythms in the Skin. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17(6):801.
2. Knott A, Achterberg V, Smuda C, Mielke H, Sperling G, Dunckelmann K, Vogelsang A, Krüger A, Schwengler H, Behtash M, Kristof S, Diekmann H, Eisenberg T, Berroth A, Hildebrand J, Siegner R, Winnefeld M, Teuber F, Fey S, Möbius J, Retzer D, Burkhardt T, Lüttke J, Blatt T. Topical treatment with coenzyme Q10-containingnformulas improves skin’s Q10 level and provides antioxidative effects. Biofactors. 2015 Nov-Dec;41(6):383-90.
3. Desotelle JA, Wilking MJ, Ahmad N. The circadian control of skin and cutaneous photodamage. Photochem Photobiol. 2012;88(5):1037–1047.
Henry F, Arrese JE, Claessens N, Piérard-Franchimont C, Piérard GE. [Skin and its daily chronobiological clock]. Rev Med Liege. 2002 Oct;57(10):661-5.
4. Prahl S, Kueper T, Biernoth T, Wöhrmann Y, Münster A, Fürstenau M, Schmidt M, Schulze C, Wittern KP, Wenck H, Muhr GM, Blatt T. Aging skin is functionally anaerobic: importance of coenzyme Q10 for anti aging skin care. Biofactors. 2008;32(1-4):245-55.
5. Conley KE, Marcinek DJ, Villarin J. Mitochondrial dysfunction and age. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2007 Nov;10(6):688-92.
6. Schmelzer C, Döring F. Micronutrient special issue: coenzyme Q(10) requirements for DNA damage prevention. Mutat Res. 2012 May 1;733(1-2):61-8.
Ask your dermatologist
What is the difference between a day and a night cream?The main difference between day and night cream is that night creams usually do not contain a UV sunscreen, while day creams do. A day cream also often feels a bit ‘thicker’ on the skin, which offers more protection against dehydration and daily weather influences. Night creams are usually lighter and are quickly absorbed by the skin. This is often sufficient for the night, because the skin is then less exposed to external influences.
Iconic-Elements.com maakt gebruik van cookies. Wij gebruiken onder meer analytische cookies (met Google Analytics) om onze site continu te verbeteren. Lees onze privacybeleidvoor meer informatie. Indien je de analytische cookies wilt uitschakelen, klik hier.